Friday, October 28, 2011

Discipline & Sacrifice

     This weekend marks the 70th annual Magic City Classic in the city of Birmingham.  There are dozens of parties and fun activities going on all around town, and under normal circumstances I would be attending at least a couple of those parties with my girls. However, this year my circumstances are not "normal". Instead of dancing and toasting the night away out on the town with my girls, I am home working on class assignments and studying. This decision takes a lot of discipline and sacrifice on my part because I am usually easily influenced by the excitement and fun that comes with the Classic weekend and of course, hanging with my best girlfriends. I keep telling myself this will all be worth it in the end; when I successfully complete the Teacher Education Program (TEP), graduate with my degree and receive my teaching certification! It is all apart of my journey and my mission; it is apart of growing up and becoming a truly, responsible adult. As the famous quote says, "Anything worth having is worth fighting for"; I will add to that quote and say... sometimes that fight is with yourself. I am fighting temptation, procrastination, and will persevere with determination - because in the end, it WILL be worth the discipline and the sacrifice!


Me & 2 of my besties @ The Magic City Classic, tailgating (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment