Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanks-giving in my Heart!

     In the past, I have always thought of Thanksgiving as 1 word to describe 1 of my favorite holidays of the year.  However, the other day I broke the word down into 2 words, thanks & giving and it created a completely new meaning of the whole word for me.  To give thanks to someone or to be thankful for something means you are appreciative. When I am thankful for someone or something someone has done for me, I want to show them as well as tell them. I want to give them something in return; sort of like giving back to them. So for me,  Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the goodness of others and myself. I am THANKful for SO many things this year and I thank God for all of these things and all of my blessings; and in return, I GIVE Him all of the praise and honor!  This year began with a door closing (losing my job) but another one opened some months later (starting school) and I will be finishing the year and the semester successfully!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it!!! And I just want to say that I'm so THANKful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete